Thursday, June 6, 2013

sorry about that....

I realize it has been a while.......

I really do apologize for that, but life got in the way a little bit.

No, nothing new or uber exciting has been happening.  One friend had a baby.  Another passed their semester with a GPA above 3.5.  And another ran an 8k marathon.  I'm very proud of them all!  Congratulations, friends!  Now back to me:

I have done nothing of note since I have written here.  I participated in a 1.5k fun run (which was mostly walking and had free beer at the end), had a goodbye party for a friend, went on a birthday brewery tour of one of the finest brewery towns in the Northwest (then, subsequently, forgot what I ordered for dinner that evening- because breweries close up at 8 pm around here, so you have to drink up fast!)  then mopped it up with delicious eggs benedict- no english muffin, though, because you know, I'm no gluten (hahahahahahahha  except for the massive amounts of beer I make and drink allll the time)  As a side note, I really want to send an apology to my internal organs, specifically my liver- you do such great things for me and all I do is abuse you.  For that, I am truly sorry.  If there are special herbs or teas or weird foods I can eat to help you, someone please let me know, because my liver deserves a spa day....

Anyway, for all of this neglect, I truly apologize, dear Reader.  Please forgive me and continue to tune in- I promise I'll do better this summer amidst the weekend getaways, wedding planning, and excessive day drinking (which is now wildly inappropriate, seeing as I'm over 25 and there are no football games or birthdays on the horizon.  Maybe I'll just pretend I'm camping... every day)

As my first post back from my hiatus, I'd like to share a quote that I seem to be seeing everywhere these days that I like, even though it is a cliche thing:

"I'm in love with Montana.  For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection.  But with Montana, it is love.  And its difficult to analyze love when you're in it."
--John Steinbeck, from 'Travels with Charley, In Search of America'

No comments:

Post a Comment