Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday T: Tasty Homebrew ;)

Well....
Another Tuesday, unprepared.  In case you hadn't noticed, I have been skimping on my posting.  Because I'm lazy.  Sorry about that.

This week, I'd like to talk about my very first homebrewing experience.  I kind of cheated for my first go around with a post-Christmas Bed Bath & Beyond clearance Mr. Beer kit, just to see what it was all about.  To sum it up- it turned out pretty good!

I used the "American Lager Light" malt and hops extract and straight up sugar in recycled plastic pop bottles to carbonate. 

We cracked open a few last weekend and one (which was conditioned in the fridge.... I'm guessing that is what caused it) wasn't carbonated.  The other 2 were, though, and they had a pretty rich flavor and a good amount of carbonation. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment