Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Terrific Tuesdays- Tabasco!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

As part of my ongoing quest for knowledge (I miss college) (hey that rhymes!), I'm going to try and learn something new each week and share it with you, my beloved reader.  Now, I could go the obvious route and only research stuff I really like, but I think everyone would get sick of reading about dogs, Seinfeld, and Snoop Dogg's transformation to Snoop Lion.  Just so I can get this out of the way right now, here is Snoop Lion's debut as a reggae superstar:
 
Are you high yet? 
 
 
So, now that we've shown Snoop with a pug and a pineapple (yes!) and copious amounts of marijuana-induced brain damage, let's move on.  Since today is a Tuesday, which starts with the letter "T", I will do light research on a subject that starts with a "T" once a week and report back to you. 
 
Since I just decided this moments ago, this week's report will be short (hey, I rhymed again!), but stay tuned for more randomly long snippets about common items that begin with 'T'!!
 
TABASCO
Tabasco sauce is a hot sauce made in Louisiana using tabasco peppers, vinegar, and salt in a process that involves 3 years of aging in a barrel like a fine wine.  The first sauce ever made (by Edmund McIlhenny) was bottled using discarded cologne bottles, which inspired the shape and design that we still see today. 
 
You can find Tabasco on the NASA space shuttle, Air Force One, and in Charlie Chaplin's movie, "Modern Times" in 1936. 
 
Tabasco is also a region in Southern Mexico, fyi.
 
Thank you to Wikipedia and www.hotsauce.com for this valuable fun fact information. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment